Y’all are in for two treats today: my first ever Wednesday blog post and my first ever Virtual Meet And Greet, for Eroticon 2019! I cannot overstate how excited and anxious I am, so I’m very glad I have this opportunity to introduce myself to people and familiarise myself with some of y’all’s faces.
NAME (and Twitter if you have one)
My name is Morgan Peschek, but I answer to Morgan, Moggy, Mo, Momo, “oi, you with the blue hair” and Captain Morgan (as in the rum; I’ve never been a captain of anything and it’s not a D/s title I’m insisting that near-strangers address me by). My Twitter is
Tell us 3 things you are most looking forward to at Eroticon 2019
- Learning! I have so much respect and admiration for my fellow sex writers and I can’t wait to hear their insights about marketing, monetization, representation and so much more.
- Being in a supportive, sex-positive environment. I come away from rope events and other kinky gatherings feeling intensely validated, affirmed and seen, and I’m expecting to feel very similar at Eroticon.
- Spending a whole weekend thinking about my blog and about sex writing more broadly. Being a student, and a mentally ill one at that, I spend a lot of time feeling torn in all directions, trying to give every one of my responsibilities the attention they deserve, and as a result I often find myself mashing out blog posts on the day they’re meant to go live and feeling crushingly guilty I’m not investing more time in SEO, pitching things and otherwise putting my best blogging foot forward. It’ll be nice to give myself permission to focus entirely on the world of sex writing for a weekend and to feel like a Real Sex Blogger™ for a change.
We are creating a playlist of songs for the Friday Night Meet and Greet. Nominate one song that you would like us to add to the play list and tell us why you picked that song.
I’ve been watching The Umbrella Academy lately and I’d nominate its whole soundtrack if I could, but since I have to choose: Tiffany’s “I Think We’re Alone Now”. It’s feel-good, sort of sexy, and most people know at least some of the words.
What is your favourite item or book you’ve purchased so far this year?
My limited edition Kingdom Hearts PlayStation 4 (and all the collectibles it came with, including Kingdom Hearts III), because I am a nerd. (It was also pretty helpful psychologically to spend a chunk of money on something “indulgent” that was exclusively for myself – giving myself the message that I’m worth £380 was a nice little boost to the ol’ self worth.)
You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? Sushi? Scotch Tape?
Is it cheating if I say energy, or at least serotonin? I feel like I could do so much good in the world if I could just crawl out of bed a little more often…
If I have to pick something more concrete, probably the balls that screw onto my piercings. A little thing, but when I lose them (which is too often; I’m always fiddling with the bastards) I feel less like myself. I’ve gone to great pains (literally) to mark my face, and by extension, my body, as something I own and have control over, so not needing to shell out ~£3 every time one of my ball bearings falls into a gutter would be a huge help.
What is your favourite quote from a movie?
Questions like this one always cause me to entirely forget every movie I’ve ever watched, but after racking my brains for at least twenty minutes, I’ve settled on “You’re gonna rattle the stars, you are!” from Treasure Planet.
What is your word suggestion to next years Eroticon anthology?
Complete the sentence:
Breathtakingly anxious and excited about next weekend.
BONUS: What are you packing for Eroticon?
I have decided to be cheeky and add in my own question, because 1. I feel that one big strength of blogging memes and prompts is the way you can adapt and build of them and 2. I love seeing other people’s packing lists and guides, and I’m anxious to see whether y’all think I’ve missed out something essential!
So without further ado, I’m bringing:
- An A5 notebook
- One of those clicky pens with different colours on, so I can colour code notes without bringing a whole damn pencil case
- My knitting, to keep my anxious hands busy
- Business cards (which aren’t crucial – I know some people have worried about not having any)
- Three outfits: a comfy one for each day of workshops and a pretty one for the Saturday night social
- Arguably too much makeup
- Some unwanted corsets I plan to swap or donate via the Swap Shop
- All the other things I never go on a trip without:
- My meds
- My phone & phone charger
- Wallet, keys, ID and railcard
- My beloved water bottle, which is a socially-acceptable sippy bottle-type thing
- My Daddy, who you might meet at the social events, but who will be spending the time I’m in workshops etc. looking for good Chinese food in London – recommendations are very welcome!
I can’t wait to meet some of y’all! If this goes really well and I end up the monarch of a profit-yielding blog empire, readers and pals in other countries might end up seeing me at some of their cons too… 😉