With just 48 hours until the start of Eroticon 2020, I’m here to introduce myself!
This post is late, and my first one for quite a while, because my brain has been on the fritz again. If you’re someone I know and you spot me at Eroticon this year (look for the blue hair!) then please be aware that I might be overwhelmed, struggle to process conversations and/or seem “off” in general. It’s not you, it’s just my wonky brain, and all I need from you is for you to be gentle with me and to understand if I need to duck into the quiet room for a bit.
If you’re not someone I know, but you’re attending Eroticon 2020, this post is for you!
Name (and Twitter name)
My name is Morgan Peschek, and my Twitter name is @KinkyAutistic. You can call me Morgan, Mo, Mog, Moggy, Momo, Morg(ue), Morgz, or basically anything other than my birth name.
My pronouns are they/them/theirs, even when I’m tarted up all femme like I probably will be at the socials.
Tell us 3 things you are most looking forward to at Eroticon 2020
- Seeing people! There are people I hung out with last year that I’m super hype to spend more time with, and I’m excited to meet new people, too – Eroticon seems to be populated exclusively by Good Eggs™, and I want to meet more of them!
- Learning new things, naturally – especially about building my wee blog into something that can reach more people, and hopefully even draw in some money (which I will almost certainly spend on dildos). Like last year, I’ve spent ages poring over the schedule, trying to decide between multiple amazing-looking talks and workshops, and coming to the conclusion that I wish I could be in multiple places at once.
- The Luke + Jack greetings cards session! I love crafting, and I imagine it’ll be a bit of a reprieve from the busy madness of the rest of the con. Plus, it’s Mother’s Day soon, and I need to sort something out for that…
What song always makes you want to dance?
Ooh, lots of them! At the moment, I’m really into Cake By The Ocean, but I can absolutely bop to songs ranging from The Sharpest Lives (by MCR) to Combine Harvester (by The Wurzels). I’m getting a lot less self-conscious about my dyspraxic white-people dancing these days, and really feeling the benefits of moving my body around to some tunes.
What is the best book you’ve read in the last year?
Oh, fuck, I haven’t read an entire book in the last year. I love reading, but depression and burnout have been kicking my ass, so I’m going to name a book I’ve read at least two thirds of – Come As You Are, by Emily Nagowski. I would like to recommend it to everyone and anyone – it’s the perfect balance of science-y, approachable and warm to read.
What is your mobile wallpaper or homescreen image?
My lock screen is a selfie I took with my girlfriend, and my homescreen is a selfie I took with my Daddy. My laptop background, although you didn’t ask, is a selfie my boyfriend sent me while he was at a Pride event.
(This was just an opportunity for me to brag about my cute partners. Sorry.)
If someone gave you £5000 today which you were not allowed to save, but had to spend within 24 hours, what would you do with it?
Disneyland. I would go the fuck to Disneyland and nobody would be able to stop me.
Complete the sentence: I need…
A week off from my life to nap and finish Kingdom Hearts III and get stoned a lot.
If you want a more realistic answer, right now I need a frappuccino. I love me a caramel frap.
BONUS QUESTION: What are you packing for Eroticon 2020?
I did this last year, and I will continue to be an impertinent little bastard and add in questions nobody asked! I have Cannot Shut The Hell Up Disease and I like looking at other people’s packing lists, so I assume that other people will benefit from mine.
- Two cute dresses for the Friday and Saturday night socials, plus cute shoes and makeup
- Comfy clothes and trainers for the Saturday and Sunday workshops and talks
- An A5 notebook and a clicky pen with four colours, to make notes with
- A Tupperware container, which may or may not be for stealing extra breakfast items from my hotel – but you can’t prove anything
- My shiny new business cards (which I will thrust upon anyone who stands still long enough, because I’m excited about them)
- The essentials: phone charger, meds, clean pants, etc.
- My wonderful Daddy human, who some of you may have met at the Friday night social last year.
That’s me! If you’re at Eroticon for the first time and you’re nervous/don’t know anybody/want to make a friend, you can DM me on Twitter, or just come find me in person! Looking forward to spending time with all you lovely people 💙